June 19, 2017:
Do you have a passion for your parish?
Our aim is to build stronger communities and reduce social isolation in rural areas which may otherwise be “hard to reach”.
With this in mind, a Rural Champion is an individual volunteer who is active in the heart of their own community to raise awareness of all local services, including those of the Transitions Project, and also local volunteering opportunities.
This is a flexible, enjoyable and rewarding role for those aged 18 and over, with a monthly commitment of about 2 hours and with any out of pocket expenses reimbursed. No DBS check is necessary.
If you are:
- outgoing, empathetic and enthusiastic about your own local area
- with a basic knowledge of IT
And are willing to:
- research any services and opportunities not previously known about “signpost” and pass on information to those in the area
- liaise regularly with the Information Co-ordinator at West Devon CVS
- identify any gaps in services
- undertake an initial induction with the Information Co-ordinator
Then please contact Billie Burnett at West Devon CVS on 01837 53392 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be asked to complete a short application form and to provide 2 character references
This role is supported by the Wiser£money Partnership, Transitions Project, a rural Money and Debt Advice Service for Torridge and West Devon